1. If you are just starting an Internet business you are naturally going to want to keep your running costs to a minimum. You may not have a large budget to spend on expensive web designers and flashy websites with all the bells and whistles, so a quick and easy free website builder maybe exactly what you’re looking for in terms of accessibility and expenditure.
2. With web design software freely available on the internet anyone can build a website even your granny! I know you’re probably thinking to yourself I don’t know anything about computers or programming I could never build a website! You see but that’s the brilliant thing about these quick and easy free website builders You don’t have to. These software packages offer simple interfaces modelled on common word processors and, use a function called WYSIWYG or ( What You See Is What You Get). Simply type, insert, or drag and drop the information where you want it, click save and your done. Some even come with pre-designed templates for you to insert your content.
3. Learning to use a quick and easy free website builder is fast too! And here’s why You will not be saddled with some 2000 word text manual, filling your head with technical jargon for which you need a PHD Degree to understand. Instead you will have access to step by step tutorials showing you in great detail how to use the software therefore, eliminating lost time spent studying. Plus if your actual website builder does not come with tutorials you’ll be able to find them online for free!
4. Many of the WYSIWYG editors are very simple to use, of course some are more complex than others as is the case with most products within any given market. Your task is to choose the one that is most compatible to your needs. However they all offer an extremely user friendly interface based on standard word processors. If you are familiar with Microsoft Office or its free online counterpart Open Office you will find the layout in free website builders to be almost identical with the same access to tools, edit functions, fonts, saving options etc. So if you can type a letter in principle you can build a website!
5. One big advantage to making your own websites is time. Let me explain, when you enlist the services of a web design company you are at the mercy of their schedule not yours! You may have to wait 5-6 weeks for your website to be ready depending on their expected turn around it could be less depending how much you want to pay. Some companies offer express packages if you’re willing to pay for the privilege. In that time you could have built 3 or 4 websites yourself!
6. This last and final point is something I found to be quite difficult when dealing with web design companies, especially when I first started out online. And that is getting them to do exactly what I asked them to do!
Because you are not dealing with them face to face, its hard really to get your points across. They would quite often speak to me in technical jargon, knowing full well I couldn’t understand what they were saying leaving me vulnerable, and having to accept their decisions because I was green around the ears, needless to say it was a costly lesson to learn!
At least if you start to teach yourself how to create websites, you are then in a better position to communicate your specific design requirements in the future when dealing with web design companies or freelance designers.
So there you have it my 6 reasons for using a quick and easy free website builder to save costs, because you don’t need technical knowledge, you get step by step tutorials, they are very user friendly, it saves you time and gives you complete control over the look and feel of your website .